The compact kicksled is the same great kicksled, just with shorter runners. Being compact makes this sled easier to transport in a vehicle or airplane (this is Alaska, afterall) and it takes up less space in summer storage. This is the preferred sled of ice fishing enthusiasts in Finland because it easily fits in their vehicles and each purchase includes metal hooks and rubber securing straps (bungies) for carrying an ice drill on the sled, along with your fishing gear. This kicksled is the same as the Medium (T6), just with shorter runners and additional equipment included.
- User height: 5' - 5'9"
- Height: 34"
- Length: 54"
- Width: 16.5"
- Weight: 18.3 lbs.
- Features a Finnish birch frame with galvanized spring steel runners.
- Includes plastic runners, folding reflector, footrests, metal hooks and rubber securing straps (bungies).
- Simply folds down for easy transport and storage.
Kicksleds manufactured in Finland by E. S. Lahtinen Oy (ESLA).
- Imported from Finland.
- Shipping available via USPS. Kicksleds ship unassembled, in packaging.
- Free curbside pickup available in Anchorage.
- Assembly Fee of $10: At checkout you have the option to pay $10 per kicksled for assembly by Kicksled Alaska, or to assemble yourself at no extra cost. More about assembling by clicking here.
Kicksledding offers a wonderful way to experience winter - from gliding down frozen trails to skating on the runners across frozen ponds. The sleds offer stability in winter conditions, speed when you want it and are versatile enough to be used by all ages and abilities--from toddlers to athletes and grandparents.
The sleds can be human-powered with the simple kick of a foot, or dog-powered with a couple of attachments to make that possible.