What is kicksledding?
What is a kicksled?
The kicksled is basically a cross between skis and a dog sled.
The traditional kicksled frame is constructed of wood with steel runners. The kicksled frame has a seat for carrying a passenger or gear. We sell a variety of this type of kicksled and they are available in different sizes (heights and runner lengths) and colors.
A modern kicksled design is called the Spark. It is constructed of metal (aluminum or steel) and does not have a seat. The handlebar on the spark can be adjusted to different heights.
Who is kicksledding for?
We know it sounds cliche, but we're going to say it anyway: EVERYBODY! Kicksledding is:
- Fun for ALL AGES and ABILITIES
- Practical for commuting in winter (space for groceries, gym bag, etc.)
- Something all fitness level can enjoy
- A healthy outdoor activity
- Providing stability in slippery, winter conditions