The compact kicksled is the same great T6 kicksled, just with shorter runners. Being compact makes this sled easier to transport in a vehicle or bush airplane, maneuver in small spaces (garages, elevators, up and down staircases) and it takes up less space in summer storage. This kicksled has the same handlebar height as the T6.
In a race, the compact kicksled usually glides slower than kicksleds with full-length runners. This is because the driver's weight is balanced at the end of runners, creating a slight drag in the snow. It is hardly noticeable except when in group settings.
The most noticeable feature to the Compact T6 kicksled is the shorter runners, but another design difference is the distance from the seat to the front bumper/footrest-- it is a much shorter distance between the two than on any of the other kicksleds by ESLA.
Compact kicksleds can be shipped via USPS across the USA. We can also ship via Alaska Air Cargo. Contact us with any questions: email@example.com.
- Shorter runners and a compact sled design.
- Features a Finnish birch frame with galvanized spring steel runners and a steel bumper.
- Includes plastic runners, folding reflector and footrests.
- Simply folds down for easy transport and storage.
- Kicksleds manufactured in Finland by E. S. Lahtinen Oy (ESLA).
- Imported from Finland.
- Kicksleds are sold unassembled. Want your kicksled ready to hit the snow and ice? Add the Assembly Fee to your cart for $15.
- More about assembling by clicking here.
- User height: 5' - 5'8"
- Height: 34"
- Runner Length: 54" (4’)
- Width between runners: 16.5"
- Handlebar width: 21”
- Distance from seat to front bumper foot rest: 13”
- Weight: 18.3 lbs.
- Front seat weight capacity: 300 lbs
- 1 year manufacturers warranty
Kicksledding offers a wonderful way to experience winter - from gliding down frozen trails to skating on the runners across frozen ponds. The sleds offer stability in winter conditions, speed when you want it and are versatile enough to be used by all ages and abilities--from toddlers to athletes and elders.
Children must have adult supervision while kicksledding. Do not allow children to drive their kicksled in unsafe conditions. The sleds can pick up very high speed on downhills. The same goes for adults carrying precious cargo (babies/children) as passengers. We recommend stepping off the runners and walking the sled down steep, fast or icy downhills. We always recommend wearing reflective gear and a helmet while kicksledding. More on kicksled safety here.