Yes, you can convert your Kickspark MAX into one giant ice skate! And yes, it is so much fun. If you like the idea of Nordic skating but you aren’t a strong skater, this is a good alternative for you.
The ice runners glide and track better on ice than the standard steel runners that come with the Kickspark Max. The ice blades also glide silently across the ice.
- Two style to choose from:
- Race blades
- Built for speed on hard ice
- Tour blades
- Built to handle best on soft ice and uneven ice conditions.
- The tour blade has more flex to it.
- Ice runners are sold in pairs, Kickspark not included
- Hard aluminum profile with a stainless steel blade
- Aluminum profile is wider than traditional kicksled runners and have a built- in footrest area
- RACE BLADE
- Blade Width: 0.8mm (1/32”)
- TOUR BLADE
- Blade width: 1.2mm
- Weight: 4.4 lbs (2 kg)
- Bolts included for converting the Kickspark MAX.
- Runners manufactured in Finland by Kickbike.
- Imported from Finland.
Runner blades are rounded, not sharpened. This makes the glide better and maintenance easier: Just sand them smooth if they get scratched. The blade steel is as hard as we could find without being brittle. It will however get scratched if you ride into sand or pebbles on ice. Start with fine sand paper grit (100-150) and finish with very fine grit (200-300) and ultrafine grit (400+). You need just few strokes with each paper.