Join Our Team
Our team is growing! If you are interested in joining the fun group at the Anchorage Kicksled Alaska shop, please review the job description below and if it sounds like a fit please shoot an email with a resume and two references to email@example.com. Thanks!
Kicksled Alaska: Assistant Store Manager - Anchorage
Kicksled Alaska is a locally-owned small business specializing in kicksleds and kicksparks. The mission of Kicksled Alaska is: “Build and support a kicksledding culture in Alaska and beyond.”
We are seeking an Anchorage-based assistant store manager. The position will be a point-of-contact for customers; working store hours, handling orders, answering questions, assembling kicksleds and coordinating curbside pickup and shipping of orders.
The job is seasonal, running through April 2022, with the possibility of renewing the position, or moving into a store manager position for next winter beginning in September. The assistant manager will report to the owners of Kicksled Alaska. Position will be hourly, with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Interacting with customers on the sales floor
- Process in-person and online orders efficiently
- Respond to customer questions via email, phone, texting and social media
- Manage scheduling of curbside order pick ups, courier deliveries and shipments
- Assembling kicksleds
- Packaging kicksleds for shipping
- Cleaning and tidying of the shop and warehouse, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A desire to learn
- A passion for kicksledding is a plus, but not required
- Previous retail experience
- E-commerce experience, or an eagerness to learn e-commerce
- A love for winter and cold weather
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Wages + Benefits
- Beginning at $22/hour
- Flexible scheduling
- Kicksled Alaska employee discount
- Access to outdoor industry pro deals
- Getting to call kicksledding work!
Please send a resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.